Saturday, February 26, 2011

Buttermilk Syrup Time

Yes!  The one and only.. Let me remind you, it is calorie and fat free.. NOT! But, so worth it.  Now, my one and only son, Mark, actually put the power point together for a project.  I am BORROWING!   I'm working on trying to insert it somewhere/somehow. Umm..this could be a problem.  Sad to say, but it took my 10 year old to even show me how to blog.  So not my generation.

Buttermilk Syrup

2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup butter
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup buttermilk
2 Tbsp corn syrup
2 tsp vanilla
pinch of cinnamon (optional)



Combine sugar, butter, buttermilk and corn syrup, baking soda in a large saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a low boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes (continue to stir!) until all sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla (and cinnamon, if desired).  Best if served warm  Goes great on ice cream too.  Store left over in fridge...if there are any!

Now, this is not even close to maple syrup, which I miss.  My only brother, Dino, who lives back in New York..upstate of course, has like 106 acres of land.  Upon that beautiful piece of land are many maple trees. Hence, he tried his hand at the genuine stuff and WOW!  I love his maple syrup.  Hoping to get more this year but he fell off his ladder about 10 ft and hurt himself.  I am so happy is he alive..I talked to him tonight. But as far as syrup this year...no go.  But that's ok....I'd much rather have my brother here then the syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.