M&M Cheesecake Squares
1/3 cup margarine
1/3 cup sugar, brown packed
1 cup flour
1/2 cup nuts, chopped
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup sugar, granulated
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup M&M
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Beat the margarine and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add the walnuts and flour; mix well.
4. Reserve 1/2 cup of the crumb mixture; press the remaining crumb mixture into bottom of a 8″ square pan.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
6. Combine the softened cream cheese, granulated sugar and vanilla; using an electric mixer, mix at medium speed until well blended.
7. Add the egg; mix well.
8. Sprinkle 3/4 cup of the M&M candies over the crust; top with the cream cheese mixture.
9. Combine the remaining 1/47 cup M&M with reserved crumb mixture; mix well.
10. Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the cream cheese mixture.
11. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
12. Let cool completely before serving.
Needs to be stored in an air tight container in the refrigerator.
OPTIONS: Go for it – use Reese Pieces instead of M&M. You could even try Jr Mints or mini rolo’s.