Friday, April 15, 2011

Birthday Birthday Every Day, I'd Love It Even Today...

The more the birthdays, the more I get to bake cakes and EXPERIMENT!  Oh yeah!  Make my day..just ask me to bake you something.  I did a cake for my friend at work...  kind of like a Turtle cake, but not. Similar to my daughter's cake, but not.... 
Here goes..just start off with the Chocolatetown Cake.  While that is cooling, make the Perfectly Chocolate Frosting.  Remove one cup of frosting and add 1/4 cup caramel syrup.  (OK!  I make my own, but you can use an caramel ice cream topping).  Mix the syrup with the one cup frosting.  Use that between the layers.  Drizzle some more caramel on top of the filling.   Next, place the other cake on top.  Finish frosting with reserved frosting.
Now, the fun part - cover with chocolate ganache and let it drip down the sides.  Drizzle with more caramel syrup and  place chopped Snicker bars on top.  (You can even put chopped Snickers in the filling!).

Chocolate Ganache
1/2 cup heavy cream  ( I use whipping cream)
2 cups semi sweet morsels
Heat cream until bubbly.  Remove from heat.  Add morsels.  Stir until smooth.  Cool for a few minutes.

Viola!  Another cake, another birthday.  what kind of cake do YOU want?  I would love to DESIGN one for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment.