Friday, February 25, 2011

My Very First Post - Oh So Proud of ME!!!!

RECIPES, RECIPES, RECIPES! That is what I am all about.  Spending a day, even a week in a kitchen is THE most enjoyable & relaxing activity.  I am hoping to use this BLOG to share ME with the WORLD!
     Knowing who I am...I haven't quite figured out that yet, so it's hard to share.  But I do know I am a mother of six BEAUTIFUL children.  Yes! I did say SIX.  They are my life, joy, happiness, sadness, tranquility, stress.  One husband, it will be 24 years in July (2011).

My Family..Becca & Tyler's Wedding Day - Oct. 16, 2010
Left to Right:
Sarah, Me, Roger, Becca, Julia, Tyler, Mark, Mary, & Liz

I graduated from a fine University - though I never really stood on campus until graduation day.  Then I was pregnant with my third child, trucking around an almost one year old and a 2 year old.  But Utah State University is MY school...I am an AGGIE..true blue.  Anyway, I have a BS in  Accounting.
I am One of..........

I never really worked full-time after my 5th child was born.  I have always worked part-time and ran my own accounting business doing bookkeeping, payroll, & taxes.  Oh, I still do that.  Love my clients.  I have a lot of experience in different areas now - it's fun.
   Currently, as of today, I work for Central Bank Insurance Agency (dba Foote Insurance), RealtyNet Advisors, and Hotdocs.com - all in the field of accounting. Oh yes, my own business too.
   I have my "UPS" and my "DOWNS", but life still goes on..so I just try to stick with it. It isn't the road you travel, as I have been innovated by, but how you travel that road.  Makes sense.  I guess you can choose to be bitter by your ordeals or try your best to pull through and hope you gain strength and knowledge for the next ordeal.
   So in between kids, work, and working out at the gym..I actually find time to COOK & BAKE.  Here is a look at a few items...
Just your basic Nestles Toll House Cookie Bars cut out.  Then decorated with melted chocolates.  Nothing extravagant.  Fun to make, much more fun to SHARE!!!!(Which by the way, I love to do- share that it).

    
Becca & Tyler's Wedding cake - October 16, 2011

Wedding Cake..yes..a long tedious project. And has luck has it, the second layer didn't get placed right so the top layer "fell" slightly on the one side.  I was BROKEN HEARTED.  Oh! But the cake...white with lemon cream filling.  
    The mirror base just was so beautiful.  One person told me to use a window...but this..so much more FUN!  That second layer could use LESS flowers, but oh well!  It's over...time to MOOOOVE on..




These are one of my FAVORITE cookies - Raspberry Cheesecake Cookies.  I was frustrated because I couldn't get one from Subway..so I created my own.  SUBWAY!  Trust me...mine are so soft and yummy.  Hands down..mine are better.




I LOVE to make PIZZA!  MMMM...good.  Here is a GREAT pizza dough recipe:


Pizza Crust 

1 TB active dry yeast
4 Cups flour
1 1/2 cups warm water
1/2 cup olive oil
Cornmeal (i don't always use it)
2 tsp salt

Stir salt into warm water.  Add yeast and dissolve.  Set aside for 5 minutes.

Mix flour and cheese together.  Stir in yeast mixture and oil.  Mix well.  Turn dough out onto a well floured surface.  Knead 10 times until smooth.
Transfer to a greased bowl.  Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hour.

Punch Down after it Rises, Let Sit for About 5 Minutes BEFORE using.
Preheat oven to 425° F.

Punch down dough and roll to 3/4 inch or thinner.  Brush with olive oil.

Lightly oil the pan and sprinkle with cornmeal.  Spread dough over pan.
Add desired toppings and bake for 15 - 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Preparing the pan









Dough in pan









Sauce










You can even use this same recipe for bread sticks! I roll into ropes and cut. Brush with olive oil, then sprinkle with parsley or grated cheese or whatever! YUMMMMMMY. Then after they are baked, dip them in sauce. Ohhhhh!

Well enough for my first day of blogging, I have had a bunch of fun. Can't wait to share ...more recipes, more fun. Please feel to send me fun recipes or just contact me in general.
  

4 comments:

  1. I made you pizza dough tonight for homemade pizza night! WE LOVE IT! Thanks for sharing your recipes - I have been trying to find a good pizza dough recipe for quite sometime... I think I have a KEEPER! Thanks for sharing your amazing talent :)
    Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. You are the second person to try it. Both of you enjoyed it. It is so simple and takes so little to make it. I throw everything in my kitchen aid to knead. While it is rising, that's when I do my prep work for the toppings. Like tonight, I made my homemade BBQ sauce and fried up the chicken to make BBQ chicken pizza. It was enjoyed by all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhhh! BBQ Chicken Pizza.... sounds amazing! I am gonna have to try that too! I love that you are putting your recipes out here for us to all try - I can't wait to make your dinner rolls and cinnamon rolls for breakfast - My mouth is totally watering :)
    Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will post the BBQ sauce recipe for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.